Now that the holiday season is over, it’s time to start thinking about the coming year and what steps you can take to help make financial picture brighter by saving money on just about everything you need. I have 5 tips that you can implement today.
Number 1 New Year’s Resolution – saving money by doing the following:
- Use coupons. Tried and true method here. Spend a few minutes in the Sunday paper, at Coupons.com, P&G Everyday, Savings.com and see what you might be able to save on. Don’t forget, many coupons can be printed at home or even downloaded to your credit card.
- Join a discount program. AAA membership, aside from its road side assistance and other benefits, is simply hard to beat for its many discount offers. Your employer might have a program that you can join for free, too.
- Buy discounted gift cards. Wow, I mean talking about buying money at a discount, these gift cards, left over from unwanted gifts are never out of style.
- Comparison shop. Tried and true. Sites like Price Grabber, Google Shopping, and Shopzilla should always be a first stop before making purchases.
- Track spending. Use tools like Personal Capital to help you get a grip on where your money is being spent.
These are just a sampling of the tips that I will continue to provide you to make saving money in 2016 as easy and painless as possible. Happy New Year!